Facility Reject List
Unfortunately, not all facilities allow greeting cards. Listed below are institutions that currently do not allow greeting cards. If you happen to know a facility that doesn't allow cards, please send me a message so I can add it to the list. (last updated: 1/28/21)
(BigHouse does not guarantee accuracy since mail rules change constantly. The information is provided second hand, and may have been updated. To ensure your institution accepts greeting cards, contact your institutions Inmate Family Council (IFC), find what mail is authorized on the institution's website, or call the institution)
- Institutions give individual a black/white copy of card and discard the original.
- Federal Correctional Institution Manchester
- North Branch Correctional Institution
- Two Rivers Correctional - Umatilla, OR
- FCI Edgefield - "Only receives cards made by a major corps such as Walgreens, and they can't be folded. The incarcerated person doesn't get the actual card, but a copy of it."
- Christina Melton Crain Unit
- Texas Department of Criminal Justice facilities
- FCI Beckley - "Only receives cards made by a major corps such as Walgreens, and they can't be folded. The incarcerated person doesn't get the actual card, but a copy of it."